What is automated email verification?
Courses: Email Bounce
Create: 564 days ago
Update: 211 days ago
Reading time: 1 min
The new way of keeping email lists clean is Automated Email Verification (AEV). While most email verifiers only offer the old verification services, the modern ones have already prepared for the most significant change in the email verification Email Verification in 2022 - Major Changes - Survey Data Incl. Automated email verifiers will clean your email lists regularly and automatically remove bad emails from your email list. Read more » history.
In this lesson, you will earn:
- The old way of verifying emails
- The new way of verifying emails
- How to automate email verification
- How does automated email verification work
- Advantages of automated email verification
Old Way Of Email Verification
The classic email verifiers 6 use cases of email verification services 6 use cases of email verification services Read more » offer an email checking service. You can enter an email in a field, and they test the one email for you if it is valid. The accuracy of most email checkers is very snappy.
Email list verifiers and bulk email verification services have created more sophisticated systems with 95-99% accuracy rates. These verifiers can verify hundreds of thousands of emails in just a couple of hours. They used to be the number one service for cleaning large databases.
A few bulk email verifiers have built some semi-automated services. You could import your contacts from your Email Service provider (ESP) to run bulk email verification. However, these may offer some kind of automation. They are still not automated services.
The old email verification services were excellent for manually cleaning an email list Email Verification Service Remove bad or risky emails from your email lists and avoid having any bad emails added to your email lists. Bad emails can damage your email reputation. Use EmailAcademy s Email Verifier to have good emails only. Read more » . But they required excessive manual work, and by its nature, lists were not cleaned regularly.
New Way of Email Verification
Email verification automation represents the new way of email verification. There are two main verification types to verify email automatically: email verifier Application Programming Interface (API) and automated email verifications (AEV).
- Email Verifier API is available at most email verification services. You can verify your emails in real-time as your subscribers enter their contact details on your website. Connecting email verifier API requires some programming knowledge.
- Automated Email Verification is only offered by the largest and most reputable email verifiers Automated Email List Cleaning Services Compared - Pros & Cons Automated Email List Cleaning Services Compared - Pros & Cons. Only 6 Email Verifiers Offer Automated Email List Cleaning Serivces. Which One Is The Best Automated Email Verifier? Read more » . They offer a solution to connect their email verification system with major email service providers and set up an automation to clean their lists every day.
How to automate email verification?
The two verification systems to verify emails automatically are suitable for two different stages of the email marketing funnel.
- Integrate with an email verifier API to verify new subscribers. When a subscriber enters an email address on your website, you send the email to an email verifier API endpoint for verification. Generally, in less than 1 second, you receive a reply if it is a bad email or not. With API, you can ensure you don’t add bad emails to your email lists.
- Connect to an automated email verification service Automated Email List Cleaning Services Compared - Pros & Cons Automated Email List Cleaning Services Compared - Pros & Cons. Only 6 Email Verifiers Offer Automated Email List Cleaning Serivces. Which One Is The Best Automated Email Verifier? Read more » to keep your existing email lists clean. To set up automation, you will need to connect the two applications, select the lists you want to keep clean, and select the desired action to take when they identify a bad email.
Using both email verification API and an automated email verifier can guarantee you will not have to deal with hard bounces in the future.
How does automated email verification work?
Once you connect your email marketing platform with an email verifier offering automated services, it will check all your emails regularly, weekly/monthly. It will remove bad emails from your account.
- To connect with an automated email verification service, you usually need to provide the API key that you can find in your email service provider’s account.
- Select what email you want to remove. Only ad emails (invalid and disposable) or risky emails (unknown and catch-all) as well.
- Select the automatic action. Unsubscribe (recommended) or delete the emails from your account.
- Start the automatization, and it will clean your account of bad emails regularly for a small monthly fee.
Overall, you will get an always clean email list for less than verifying your emails manually.
Advantages of automated email verification
Automated email list cleaning is the future to ensure your lists remain clear of bad emails forever. Advantages of setting up an automated email verification system:
- You will protect your email reputation by eliminating hard bounces from your campaigns.
- You set it up once, and it does the job every week/month automatically.
- You pay less than if you were checking the list manually every month.